Silicone Breast Implants
Silicone breast implants have been gaining popularity since their reintroduction to the market in 2006, and for good reason. The implants are composed of a silicone rubber outer shell that contains silicone gel – a soft molasses-like substance that closely mimics real breast tissue.
The latest breast implant offerings from Mentor and Natrelle are superior to those used by plastic surgeons in the past. Each company has their own gel formula that is able to maintain its integrity and inhibit silicone leakage, while still remaining highly pliable. Both manufacturers also offer excellent warranties for their products.
- Natural appearance and consistency
- Lighter than saline breast implants
- Not prone to visible rippling
- More expensive than saline breast implants
- Non-adjustable volume, requiring longer incision
- Patient must be at least 22 yrs old, per FDA regulation