ASPS: Facial Procedures Saw Most Growth in 2012
2012 statistics from the ASPS show a significant rise in facial procedures.
Both surgical and non-surgical facial rejuvenation treatments saw more growth than any other category.
Noninvasive treatments like injectable fillers, laser resurfacing and microdermabrasion helped to fuel the rise of facial rejuvenation treatments in 2012.
It seems that more and more people (especially baby boomers) want to erase wrinkles, refresh or tighten sagging skin, and maintain their youthful appearance.
Top Facial Procedures for 2012
Some of the most popular facial procedures last year include:
- Chemical peel (1.1 million procedures)
- Eyelid surgery (204,000 procedures)
- Facelift (126,000 procedures)
- Soft tissue fillers (2 million procedures
- Botox or Dysport (6.1 million procedures)